Sunday, February 14, 2016

Meeting Amber

Hello World!
 This week Illinois College brought in a speaker.  I was able to listen and meet Amber Tamblyn.  She is an actress, author, poet, and film director. Her first role was on the soap opera General Hospital when she was a child, followed by the series Joan of Arcadia, playing the lead. Her feature films include roles in The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, The Grudge 2, The Ring, and 127 Hours. She also had a starring role on Two and a Half Men.  It was really cool getting to hear her talk about how she grew up and how she was able to keep going without breaking down.  Growing up in Hollywood is not easy and hearing how she was able to keep her head level was very interesting.  She loves what she does and is not scared of people telling her no.  I am grateful for IC for allowing me to learn from her.
(Brandon, Sam, Amber, and I)

 This past week was the celebration of Mardi Gras! It is one of my favorite holidays simply because it is celebrated all over the world, and the vibe surrounding it is so much fun.  (plus NOLA is my most favorite place on earth.)  With Mardi Gras comes the beginning of another Lent season.  This year I have decided to give up meat.  As extreme as this sounds, it is something I want to do.  I feel that I have not been diving head first into my relgion lately and think I need to do a little more to fully get back to where I need to be.  My faith is important to me, so this really isn't a huge deal for me.  I have been reading up on what I need to be doing and eating in order to maintain a healthy, non-meat life style.
 Thank you for reading, and until next week...
-PK

No comments:

Post a Comment