Saturday, July 9, 2016

...but it's Saturday?

Hello World,
   Yes, I know that this is not my normal day to blog.  We have had a lot of trouble with the wifi this week, and I wanted to make sure that I was able to post this weekend.  So for right now I have wifi and I am taking full advantage of it.  Happy Saturday!
   Right now, outside the entrance of Blue Ridge, a tree has fallen in the middle of the road and has taken some power lines with it.  The company working on it is hopeful that it will be fixed by tonight.  As of right now, there is only one building with power, wifi, and AC: Blue Ridge Center (BRC).  It's a busy weekend here.  We had four large groups come in last night.  Also, last night a group of the staff went to Launch Trampoline Park in Asheville.  It was actually so much fun!  I had never been to a trampoline park before and wasn't sure if I would feel "too old" for it.  But being the child at heart that I am, I had a blast.  I would highly recommend going to one.  I even think they are opening one back in Springfield, IL soon...
  This past Monday, as you all realized, was the Fourth of July! A group of us ended up going to a parade in a town over.  We also ended up going paddle boating that afternoon.  I couldn't tell you the last time I was able to do that so it was that much better.  Later that night we went into downtown Black Mountain for the fireworks.  We were even able to find an ice cream shop near by and I got Carmel Ripple in a fresh, handmade waffle cone (talk about heaven).  We ate the ice cream while watching the fireworks.  It was a lot of fun.  I was also able to talk and get to know Maria.  She grew up in Columbia but now lives in Italy with her boyfriend.  She is such a sweet, kind, and intelligent women.  I'm very lucky to call her a friend now. 

   Today I was able to catch up with my cousin Heather.  It was so so wonderful to see her.  She's in Asheville for a visit and asked if we could have lunch.  We just talked and caught up with what we're doing in life.  I haven't seen her in a little over a year and have missed her.  It's so cool that no matter where I go, it always seems to work out that I have some family near by.  I hope I get to sit down with her again soon.  Thank you for a wonderful afternoon Heather!
   I'll leave you with the book I am currently reading.  It's the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. I have a huge book with all seven in one.  Right now I am on book five, The Voyage of the Dawn TreaderI have been speeding through them!  They just pull me in and are really well written.  I would highly recommend if anyone just wants to read a good "fairy tale," as Lewis refers to them.  However, I think they are so much more than that...
-PK        

No comments:

Post a Comment