Sunday, January 17, 2016

Starting a New Semester

   Today, I have finally moved back into my dorm! I have been waiting for this day for four long weeks. I have enjoyed spending break with my family. It has been wonderful.
   Over break, I have learned a lot about myself and feel that I have grown even closer to my parents. They are one of my biggest blessing. It is so nice to know that they are standing behind me through every path I decide to go down. I have so much planned for this year already and I am so grateful for their support.
   I had a very important interview this past week. It was one of the most enjoyable interviews I have ever experienced, and it went so well. I will post in a later blog about the job and what it could entail. For now I will just say it is a dream job for me right now. I could not be happier to even get the chance to apply.
   I also found out this week that a group of friends from school and I will be enjoying spring break at the beach! We are very excited for this bonding experience and to be some place warm. This will be my first long trip with a group of girl friends. I will post later about where and who is going! That will be a whole blog in its self
   Growing up, my dad read me the Harry Potter books every night before I went to bed. It was my favorite part of growing up. I have enjoyed the movies so much, and I love following the actors and actresses on their social media. One of the most iconic characters, Snape, was played by Alan Rickman and he sadly past away this week. He was a wonderful actor who was killed by cancer. Many of you probably know of this, but I was so shocked to hear of his passing. May he rest easy.
   Being back at Illinois College is so nice. We start classes on Tuesday and I feel so prepared. This semester will push me, but I am so ready to tackle it. I want to prove to myself that I can get out of this semester with the best grades. Though, any prayers you would like to send my way wouldn't hurt!
   Until next week... PK
 

No comments:

Post a Comment