Sunday, May 22, 2016

Spending Time Outside

Hello World,
  Happy Sunday! Tomorrow starts another week and that means I am less than two weeks from North Carolina.  I am so excited to begin my own adventure at Blue Ridge.
   Yesterday, Ian and I went hiking at Starved Rock.  It was a blast!  I loved hiking and just enjoying the wonderful view from the top.  Ian could not stop telling me what a great time he had.  There were a lot of people, but the higher we got the less people there were.  I cannot wait to go hiking again.  Hopefully being in the Black Mountains will give me more opportunities to do so this summer. 

   I am already missing my friends from school.  It's only been a couple weeks.  They are just so much fun to be around and I cannot wait until I get to see them again.  I was actually talking to my friend Josh today.  He lives in Miami, FL and I am really glad we have become friends through IC.  He was telling me how much he enjoys reading my blogs.  He thinks they are interesting.  It means a lot to me to hear that.  It still surprises me when I have someone tell me they actually keep up and enjoy my blog.  It makes me smile and I think it is just so cool.  I started doing this for myself and just any family that wanted to keep up with me.  I like reading their blogs so I thought I would start my own.  It is a great way for me to end/start my week.  However, the more I hear my friends say they read it, the more I realize I have a bigger audience then I thought. 
   I ended my Sunday with my parents, the Sgambelluri's, and Fr. Marty.  We sat out on their porch, grilled, and just had a great evening.  It put me in a very good mood.  I really do like spending time with all of them.  It has set me up for a good week.  I am hoping to explore downtown Springfield with JT sometime this week; just something fun to do.  Tomorrow I plan on finally giving my car a good clean.  She is so dirty and it will be a great day to do it. 
-PK   

No comments:

Post a Comment